Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy WHD!!!!

Yes, it is that time of year once again... I know it seems like only yesterday that we celebrated the last one of these. Have 365 days really peeled off the calendar so quickly? I feel like I just took down all the banners and streamers and cleaned the Chex Mix out from my couch cushions. We live in a society that likes to commemorate everything and I am almost embarrassed about the amount of coverage today has received. Can everyone say, "media over saturation!"

The traffic was so congested this morning (probably because the city was getting ready for the parade) that I almost turned around and drove home. I know its a bit sacrilegious to get angry on such a hallowed and important day, but I'm only human. I calmed my inner hulk by relaxing and reflecting on the previous WHD celebrations I've attended. Each generation has a few moments that stand out to them... those instances when you remember exactly what you were doing when something monumental occurred. Doesn't this sum up last year's WHD for many of us?

So, as much as I would like to stay on here and nerd-it-up by writing a long blog, I have places to go and people to celebrate with. My time is short this morning because I refuse to let this office desk rob me of one more moment of World Homeless Day, 2012. Thanks for doing your part to remember the homeless on this day. I know you have donations to make and people to reach out to, so I will let you go on with your day.

Tomorrow we can all go back to our regular lives!

For more information on National World Homeless Day:
http://www.worldhomelessday.org/


No comments: