Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ramblin' Man

Montana's cowboy culture has always valued a good cattle-drive tune. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I've tried to incorporate this valued heritage from a homeless perspective. For the record, I am not a professional songwriter, so please take this with a huge grain of salt!!!

Ramblin' Man

Pack my bags, time to go,
Outta here...lets hit the road.
Wherever I been, been there long enough,
I'm off, my friend, before I'm out of luck.
I move too slow to try and outrun life,
Take the road less-traveled, then hang a right.

Never been lost, but sure been misplaced,
Never looked back to where my roots are traced.
Never counted hurdles or things I've faced,
Never challenged honor to cause disgrace.

Lonely roads, and highway signs,
Exit ramps mark my good times.
Been alone a while and hung out with myself,
Don't need many friends when you got your health.
Seen places I shouldn't while I ate with kings,
Watched the sun in the winter, crossed bridges with wings.

Always had a focus but never made real plans,
Aways worked hard, felt the dirt in my hands.
Always have love, long as I'll always have land,
Always be known as a Ramblin' Man.

-
Curt Lamm

No comments: