In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have decided to postpone the upcoming 13th Annual Cowboy Up for Samaritan House Benefit. When it is rescheduled we will let you know.
In the meantime, we are committed to providing a safe place for the people we serve and this includes our work to address the potential spread of the virus. We have implemented significant measures to do so...gloves, masks, hand washing (see above photo) and a rigorous schedule of cleaning all common areas. So far, everyone is healthy and we will continue to monitor and adjust accordingly.
The immediate impact we have experienced so far is that:
- Demand for shelter has increased, this means that we have essentially continued our winter weather contingency plan in order to meet the rising demand for services.
- Employment opportunities for clients are becoming harder to find as many employers adjust to the new reality.
- Many people are asking how they can help. We are in need of cleaning supplies of any kind.
- Postponing our fundraiser will have a financial impact on Samaritan House.
- The latest news seems to change by the hour.
Together we can make it though this.