Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day at the Samaritan House

Thanksgiving at the Samaritan House was great! Just like any other family we all took time to share of our thankfulness. These are some of the things people said they were thankful for:

I am thankful for...


  • A happy place to stay and a bunch of other stuff that is hard to explain but always keeps me happy.

  • Sobriety and the Lord, who helps me through.

  • Having a good dinner here and being warm.

  • For strangers here to have enough heart to let me stay in the shelter so I can better my life. The staff here is great.

  • Family and friends.

  • Family and the good example my parents set for me.

  • Family, friends, my boyfriend and his girls, the opportunity to live in Northwest Montana, a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, reliable transportation...

  • The people in my life who love and accept me.

  • For being here at the shelter, thank you for being so loving and caring.

  • For the Samaritan House for taking my cousin and I in when times were hard and getting us warm clothes.

  • For the Salvation Army for giving me a temporary job.

  • For the free internet at the library so i can keep in touch with my family.

  • I am thankful for everyone who has donated food and volunteered today so that we can have a Thanksgiving when I didn't think we were going to be able to.

No comments: