Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ten things to remember.

Top Ten lists are fun.

They give us a chance to reflect on a topic and then vehemently disagree with the author as we compile our own mental checklist that would be far superior. Sometimes we are angered or inspired by them. Perhaps they even knock a few cobwebs loose from the recesses of our memories and we recall things that we imagined were long gone. They elicit emotions.

So, in the tradition of great Top Ten lists (please forgive me, Letterman), I submit a list of childhood memories that are fun to remember. Also... I would love to hear from some of you (crickets chirping in the background). What are some childhood memories that you would like to share? Feel free to comment.

Top 10 Childhood Memories:
10. Fifth grade gym class... the day I won the dodgeball tournament vanquishing Josh G. to the annuls of loserdome. Finally.

9. Tying my little sister to the closet door with a slinky. (everyone loves a slinky).

8. Sitting on the porch waiting for my dad to get home from work just so I could run up and give him a hug.

7. The first time I watched Red Dawn. Then the second... and the third...

6. Mom's. Homemade. Ravioli. Dinners.

5. Going to my grandfather's farm and hanging out with him while I thought I was working but was really just getting in the way. Remembering his laugh and smile.

4. Vacations at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

3. The time I convinced my sister that I was a vampire for three days.

2. Super Mario Brothers.

1. Thinking that everyone, everywhere, was as happy as I was.


It's a shame reality rarely matches fantasy.

No comments: