Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Parting Shot

People are always coming and going at Samaritan House and sometimes they will leave a note of encouragement. Recently, one of our residents departed after a lengthy stay and left this note, which is shared with his permission.

  To Whom it may concern, My story with the Samaritan House has been one of the best experiences of my life! I started out in Kalispell at Pathways to go through medically supervised drug withdrawl. I came from Livingston, Montana, specifically for that reason. My parents asked that I try and find a place to stay (in Kalispell) so I could be away from certain influences back home and Samaritan House took me into their shelter. 

I stayed in the shelter for three months which was very generous as the max time is usually one month. The staff were very helpful. After that, Cary (case manager) let me rent a studio room which I stayed in for over a year and I'm proud to say I've been drug and alcohol-free the entire time due to my will to be clean and the support of the wonderful staff. I would like to thank Kent and the adminstration for putting up with my late rent at times, and for understanding. 

I would like to thank very much Billy, Kassi, Chris, Carrie, Kent, Lillian, Robbie, Korky, and any staff member I forgot to mention. I WOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT without your help and support.  

Thanks so very much!!! (name witheld)



No comments: