Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Neither Here nor There

So... the past few days have been quite the logistical challenge involving 3 rooms, 5 desks, 9 file cabinets, numerous office supplies, and one old recliner. Normally, drastic changes are reserved for the spring, after a person has been cooped up and can no longer tolerate his or her surroundings. Not here... at Samaritan House we like to switch offices smack dab in the midst of the work day!

It has been a little inconvenient and forced some of us to fall a bit behind on our work. Its very unsettling to have your belongings in flux; you have a slight idea where something is but you cannot get to it. A few things got lost along the way. I swear I had a few items that I have either misplaced or they simply decided to make a break for it while I was distracted by the mounting piles of junk that had spontaneously appeared.

But now things are back to normal and I have no more excuses for a decrease in my productivity. I am settled into my new office and the jostling and moving and lost office supplies are but a distant memory. I was tired of toiling out of the hallway and make-shift benches converted into a workspace. It is nice to have everything accessible so I can perform at my best.

Being office-less was terrible. I'm glad people don't have to live like that.

No comments: